"sprinkle" in the noun sense
1. scattering, sprinkle, sprinkling
a light shower that falls in some locations and not others nearby
2. sprinkle, sprinkling, sparge
the act of sprinkling or splashing water
"baptized with a sprinkling of holy water"
"a sparge of warm water over the malt"
"sprinkle" in the verb sense
1. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
"He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
2. sprinkle, splash, splosh
cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force
"She splashed the water around her"
3. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter
"It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
4. sprinkle, sparge, besprinkle
scatter with liquid wet lightly
"Sprinkle the lawn"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License