"reflections" in the noun sense
1. contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, musing, thoughtfulness
a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
2. reflection, reflexion
the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
3. expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion
expression without words
"tears are an expression of grief"
"the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
4. mirror image, reflection, reflexion
a likeness in which left and right are reversed
5. reflection, reflexion
the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material
"he studied his reflection in the mirror"
mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
7. observation, reflection, reflexion
a remark expressing careful consideration
8. reflection, reflexion, reflectivity
the ability to reflect beams or rays
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License