"uprisen" in the verb sense
1. originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow
come into existence take on form or shape
"A new religious movement originated in that country"
"a love that sprang up from friendship"
"the idea for the book grew out of a short story"
"An interesting phenomenon uprose"
ascend as a sound
"The choirs singing uprose and filled the church"
3. bristle, uprise, stand up
rise up as in fear
"The dog's fur bristled"
"It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
4. arise, rise, uprise, get up, stand up
rise to one's feet
"The audience got up and applauded"
5. rise, come up, uprise, ascend
come up, of celestial bodies
"The sun also rises"
"The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."
6. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
"The fog lifted"
"The smoke arose from the forest fire"
"The mist uprose from the meadows"
7. resurrect, rise, uprise
return from the dead
"Christ is risen!"
"The dead are to uprise"
8. get up, turn out, arise, uprise, rise
get up and out of bed
"I get up at 7 A.M. every day"
"They rose early"
"He uprose at night"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License