"speeding" in the noun sense
1. speed, speeding, hurrying
changing location rapidly
"speeding" in the verb sense
1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
"He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"
"The cars raced down the street"
2. accelerate, speed up, speed, quicken
"The car accelerated"
3. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip
move very fast
"The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
travel at an excessive or illegal velocity
"I got a ticket for speeding"
5. accelerate, speed, speed up
cause to move faster
"He accelerated the car"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License