"sparkle" in the noun sense
1. sparkle, twinkle, spark, light
merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
"he had a sparkle in his eye"
"there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
2. glitter, sparkle, coruscation
the occurrence of a small flash or spark
3. glitter, glister, glisten, scintillation, sparkle
the quality of shining with a bright reflected light
"sparkle" in the verb sense
1. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate
"Unquarried marble sparkled on the hillside"
2. sparkle, scintillate, coruscate
be lively or brilliant or exhibit virtuosity
"The musical performance sparkled"
"A scintillating conversation"
"his playing coruscated throughout the concert hall"
3. spark, sparkle
emit or produce sparks
"A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
4. foam, froth, fizz, effervesce, sparkle, form bubbles
become bubbly or frothy or foaming
"The boiling soup was frothing"
"The river was foaming"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License