"rationalizations" in the noun sense
1. rationalization, rationalisation
the cognitive process of making something seem consistent with or based on reason
2. rationalization, rationalisation
psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a way that is not threatening
3. rationalization, rationalisation
mathematics) the simplification of an expression or equation by eliminating radicals without changing the value of the expression or the roots of the equation
4. rationalization, rationalisation
the organization of a business according to scientific principles of management in order to increase efficiency
5. systematization, systematisation, rationalization, rationalisation
systematic organization the act of organizing something according to a system or a rationale
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License