"progresses" in the noun sense
1. advancement, progress
gradual improvement or growth or development
"advancement of knowledge"
"great progress in the arts"
2. progress, progression, procession, advance, advancement, forward motion, onward motion
the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
3. progress, progression, advance
a movement forward
"he listened for the progress of the troops"
"progresses" in the verb sense
1. progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up
develop in a positive way
"He progressed well in school"
"My plants are coming along"
"Plans are shaping up"
2. advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
"Time marches on"
3. build up, work up, build, progress
form or accumulate steadily
"Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly"
"Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License