"inspiring" in the verb sense
1. inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt
heighten or intensify
"These paintings exalt the imagination"
supply the inspiration for
"The article about the artist inspired the exhibition of his recent work"
3. prompt, inspire, instigate
serve as the inciting cause of
"She prompted me to call my relatives"
4. cheer, root on, inspire, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up
spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
"The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
5. revolutionize, revolutionise, inspire
fill with revolutionary ideas
6. inhale, inspire, breathe in
draw in (air
"inhale the fresh mountain air"
"The patient has trouble inspiring"
"The lung cancer patient cannot inspire air very well"
"inspiring" in the adjective sense
stimulating or exalting to the spirit
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License