"dispersed" in the verb sense
1. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
"He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
2. disperse, dissipate, dispel, break up, scatter
to cause to separate and go in different directions
"She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
3. break up, disperse, scatter
cause to separate
"break up kidney stones"
4. disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out
move away from each other
"The crowds dispersed"
"The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached"
separate (light) into spectral rays
"the prism disperses light"
6. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around
cause to become widely known
"circulate a rumor"
"broadcast the news"
"dispersed" in the adjective sense
1. dispersed, spread
distributed or spread over a considerable extent
"has ties with many widely dispersed friends"
"eleven million Jews are spread throughout Europe"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License