"reversed" in the verb sense
1. change by reversal, turn, reverse
change to the contrary
"The trend was reversed"
"the tides turned against him"
"public opinion turned when it was revealed that the president had an affair with a White House intern"
2. turn back, invert, reverse
turn inside out or upside down
3. overrule, overturn, override, overthrow, reverse
"The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
4. revoke, annul, lift, countermand, reverse, repeal, overturn, rescind, vacate
"He revoked the ban on smoking"
"lift an embargo"
"vacate a death sentence"
5. invert, reverse
reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of
"when forming a question, invert the subject and the verb"
"reversed" in the adjective sense
turned inside out and resewn
"the reversed collar looked as good as new"
2. converse, reversed, transposed
turned about in order or relation
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License