"reconciling" in the verb sense
1. accommodate, reconcile, conciliate
make (one thing) compatible with (another
"The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
2. harmonize, harmonise, reconcile
bring into consonance or accord
"harmonize one's goals with one's abilities"
3. reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate, settle
come to terms
"After some discussion we finally made up"
4. resign, reconcile, submit
accept as inevitable
"He resigned himself to his fate"
"reconciling" in the adjective sense
1. accommodative, reconciling
tending to reconcile or accommodate bringing into harmony
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License