"dispatch" in the noun sense
1. dispatch, despatch, communique
an official report (usually sent in haste)
2. dispatch, despatch, shipment
the act of sending off something
3. dispatch, despatch, expedition, expeditiousness
the property of being prompt and efficient
"it was done with dispatch"
4. dispatch, despatch
killing a person or animal
"dispatch" in the verb sense
1. dispatch, despatch, send off
send away towards a designated goal
2. dispatch, discharge, complete
complete or carry out
"discharge one's duties"
3. murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove
kill intentionally and with premeditation
"The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
dispose of rapidly and without delay and efficiently
"He dispatched the task he was assigned"
kill without delay
"the traitor was dispatched by the conspirators"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License