Glossary Of Scottish Words Used By Robert Burns: Y-Words
by Robert Burns
- This pronoun is frequently used for thou.
- It is used both for singular and plural years.
- Born in the same year, coevals.
- Longs much.
- Barren, that gives no milk.
- Yerk, yerkit
- To lash, to jerk, jerked, lashed
- A gate, such as is usually at the entrance to a farm-yard or field.
- Yird, yirded
- Earth, earthed; buried.
- Yont, ayont
- A ewe.
- Diminutive of yowe.
Source:The Poetical Works Of Robert Burns
Ward, Lock, and Co., Ltd