"aces" in the noun sense
1. one, 1, I, ace, single, unity
the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
"he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"
"they had lunch at one"
one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
3. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz
someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
4. angiotensin converting enzyme, angiotensin-converting enzyme, ACE
proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II
5. Allied Command Europe, ACE
a major strategic headquarters of NATO safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey
a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
"aces" in the verb sense
1. breeze through, ace, pass with flying colors, sweep through, sail through, nail
succeed at easily
"She sailed through her exams"
"You will pass with flying colors"
"She nailed her astrophysics course"
score an ace against
"He aced his opponents"
play (a hole) in one stroke
serve an ace against (someone)
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License