"whites" in the noun sense
1. White, White person, Caucasian
2. white, whiteness
the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
3. White, Edward White, Edward D. White, Edward Douglas White Jr.
United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921)
4. White, Patrick White, Patrick Victor Martindale White
Australian writer (1912-1990)
5. White, T. H. White, Theodore Harold White
United States political journalist (1915-1986)
6. White, Stanford White
United States architect (1853-1906)
7. White, E. B. White, Elwyn Brooks White
United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985)
8. White, Andrew D. White, Andrew Dickson White
United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918)
9. White, White River
a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri
10. egg white, white, albumen, ovalbumin
the white part of an egg the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water
"she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs"
board games) the lighter pieces
12. flannel, gabardine, tweed, white
usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth
"whites" in the verb sense
1. whiten, white
"This detergent will whiten your laundry"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License