"soaked" in the verb sense
submerge in a liquid
"I soaked in the hot tub for an hour"
2. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
rip off ask an unreasonable price
3. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse
cover with liquid pour liquid onto
"souse water on his hot face"
4. pawn, soak, hock
leave as a guarantee in return for money
"pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
6. intoxicate, soak, inebriate
make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
7. souse, soak, inebriate, hit it up
become drunk or drink excessively
8. soak, imbue
fill, soak, or imbue totally
"soak the bandage with disinfectant"
heat a metal prior to working it
"soaked" in the adjective sense
1. besotted, blind drunk, blotto, crocked, cockeyed, fuddled, loaded, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, tight, wet
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License