"rounding" in the noun sense
1. rounding, rounding error
mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding off numbers to a convenient number of decimals
"the error in the calculation was attributable to rounding"
"taxes are rounded off to the nearest dollar but the rounding error is surprisingly small"
"rounding" in the verb sense
wind around move along a circular course
"round the bend"
2. round, round out, round off
"round the edges"
3. round, labialize, labialise
pronounce with rounded lips
4. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
attack in speech or writing
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
5. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up
bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
"polish your social manners"
6. round off, round down, round out, round
express as a round number
"round off the amount"
7. round, flesh out, fill out
become round, plump, or shapely
"The young woman is fleshing out"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License