"halls" in the noun sense
1. hallway, hall
an interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open
"the elevators were at the end of the hall"
2. anteroom, antechamber, entrance hall, hall, foyer, lobby, vestibule
a large entrance or reception room or area
a large room for gatherings or entertainment
4. dormitory, dorm, residence hall, hall, student residence
a college or university building containing living quarters for students
5. manor hall, hall
the large room of a manor or castle
6. Hall, Radclyffe Hall, Marguerite Radclyffe Hall
English writer whose novel about a lesbian relationship was banned in Britain for many years (1883-1943)
7. Hall, G. Stanley Hall, Granville Stanley Hall
United States child psychologist whose theories of child psychology strongly influenced educational psychology (1844-1924)
8. Hall, Charles Martin Hall
United States chemist who developed an economical method of producing aluminum from bauxite (1863-1914)
9. Hall, Charles Francis Hall
United States explorer who led three expeditions to the Arctic (1821-1871)
10. Hall, Asaph Hall
United States astronomer who discovered Phobos and Deimos (the two satellites of Mars) (1829-1907)
11. mansion, mansion house, manse, hall, residence
a large and imposing house
a large building used by a college or university for teaching or research
"halls of learning"
a large building for meetings or entertainment
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License