"focusing" in the noun sense
1. focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering
the concentration of attention or energy on something
"the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"
"he had no direction in his life"
2. focalization, focalisation, focusing
the act of bringing into focus
"focusing" in the verb sense
1. concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
direct one's attention on something
"Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
cause to converge on or toward a central point
"Focus the light on this image"
3. concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise, focus
bring into focus or alignment to converge or cause to converge of ideas or emotions
4. focus, focalize, focalise
become focussed or come into focus
"The light focused"
5. focus, focalize, focalise, sharpen
put (an image) into focus we cannot enjoy the movie"
"Please focus the image
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License