"arising" in the verb sense
1. originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow
come into existence take on form or shape
"A new religious movement originated in that country"
"a love that sprang up from friendship"
"the idea for the book grew out of a short story"
"An interesting phenomenon uprose"
2. arise, come up, bob up
originate or come into being
"a question arose"
3. arise, rise, uprise, get up, stand up
rise to one's feet
"The audience got up and applauded"
4. arise, come up
result or issue
"A slight unpleasantness arose from this discussion"
5. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
"The fog lifted"
"The smoke arose from the forest fire"
"The mist uprose from the meadows"
6. rebel, arise, rise, rise up
take part in a rebellion renounce a former allegiance
7. get up, turn out, arise, uprise, rise
get up and out of bed
"I get up at 7 A.M. every day"
"They rose early"
"He uprose at night"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License