"zips" in the noun sense
1. nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo
a quantity of no importance
"it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"
"reduced to nil all the work we had done"
"we racked up a pathetic goose egg"
"it was all for naught"
"I didn't hear zilch about it"
2. ZIP code, ZIP, postcode, postal code
a code of letters and digits added to a postal address to aid in the sorting of mail
3. energy, vigor, vigour, zip
"he plays tennis with great energy"
"he's full of zip"
4. slide fastener, zip, zipper, zip fastener
a fastener for locking together two toothed edges by means of a sliding tab
"zips" in the verb sense
1. zip up, zipper, zip
close with a zipper
"Zip up your jacket
2. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip
move very fast
"The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License