"mills" in the noun sense
1. factory, mill, manufacturing plant, manufactory
a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
2. Mill, James Mill
Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
3. Mill, John Mill, John Stuart Mill
English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
4. mill, grinder, milling machinery
machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
5. grind, mill, pulverization, pulverisation
the act of grinding to a powder or dust
"mills" in the verb sense
1. mill, mill about, mill around
move about in a confused manner
grind with a mill
produce a ridge around the edge of
"mill a coin"
roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License