"jet" in the noun sense
1. jet, jet plane, jet-propelled plane
an airplane powered by one or more jet engines
2. jet, squirt, spurt, spirt
the occurrence of a sudden discharge (as of liquid)
a hard black form of lignite that takes a brilliant polish and is used in jewelry or ornamentation
4. jet, blue jet, reverse lightning
atmospheric discharges (lasting 10 msec) bursting from the tops of giant storm clouds in blue cones that widen as they flash upward
5. K, jet, super acid, special K, honey oil, green, cat valium, super C
street names for ketamine
6. fountain, jet
an artificially produced flow of water
"jet" in the verb sense
1. jet, gush
issue in a jet come out in a jet stream or spring forth
"Water jetted forth"
"flames were jetting out of the building"
fly a jet plane
"jet" in the adjective sense
1. coal-black, jet, jet-black, pitchy, sooty
of the blackest black similar to the color of jet or coal
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License