"fuss" in the noun sense
1. dither, pother, fuss, tizzy, flap
an excited state of agitation
"he was in a dither"
"there was a terrible flap about the theft"
2. fuss, trouble, bother, hassle
an angry disturbance
"he didn't want to make a fuss"
"they had labor trouble"
"a spot of bother"
3. bicker, bickering, spat, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery, fuss
a quarrel about petty points
4. bustle, hustle, flurry, ado, fuss, stir
a rapid active commotion
"fuss" in the verb sense
1. fuss, niggle, fret
worry unnecessarily or excessively
"don't fuss too much over the grandchildren
2. mother, fuss, overprotect
care for like a mother
"She fusses over her husband"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License