"bums" in the noun sense
1. rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git
a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
"only a rotter would do that"
"kill the rat"
"throw the bum out"
"you cowardly little pukes!"
"the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
2. tramp, hobo, bum
"a homeless tramp"
"he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
3. idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum
person who does no work
"a lazy bum"
4. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
"he deserves a good kick in the butt"
"are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
"bums" in the verb sense
1. mooch, bum, cadge, grub, sponge
ask for and get free be a parasite
2. bum, bum around, bum about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about
be lazy or idle
"Her son is just bumming around all day"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License