"bangs" in the noun sense
1. knock, bash, bang, smash, belt
a vigorous blow
"the sudden knock floored him"
"he took a bash right in his face"
"he got a bang on the head"
2. bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam
a sudden very loud noise
3. bang, fringe
a border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
4. bang, boot, charge, rush, flush, thrill, kick
the swift release of a store of affective force
"they got a great bang out of it"
"what a boot!"
"he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"
"he does it for kicks"
5. hit, smash, smasher, strike, bang
a conspicuous success
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher"
"the party went with a bang"
"bangs" in the verb sense
1. slam, bang
"slam the ball"
to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound
"One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed"
3. slam, bang
"He slammed the door shut"
"The window banged shut"
"The old man banged around the house"
5. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk
have sexual intercourse with
"This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"
"Adam knew Eve"
"Were you ever intimate with this man?"
6. spang, bang
leap, jerk, bang
"Bullets spanged into the trees"
Source: WordNet® (An amazing lexical database of English)
Princeton University "About WordNet®."
WordNet®. Princeton University. 2010.
View WordNet® License